Scorpion has a long history of engaging clients to independently assess a company, its key people, technologies and how it operates in the market space and then report what is really occurring within the company. Investors typically review the Business Plan, the PowerPoint presentation and the Private Placement Memorandum (PPM), but only view a demo of the actual technology involved. Scorpion reads the actual source code and tests the claims of the system to find its strengths and limitations. We will give you direct answers to questions such as:
• Is it a real product or is it just a vaporware demo?
• Will it deliver the promised results?
• What is the true total cost of ownership?
• Can it scale to enterprise usage performance levels in the real world?
• Is the Intellectual Property protectable and does it have any value?
• Can it be easily reproduced or reverse-engineered?
• Are you locked into this solution with no way to export your data later?
These engagements are intended to provide accurate assessments of the strengths and weaknesses of the target entity for any number of reasons, including:
• Software, Technology, Service Provider or Consultancy Vendor Evaluation and Selection
• Evaluation for Private Equity Venture Capital, Angel or Institutional investors
• Design, Architecture and Technology Evaluation and Selection
• Key Hire (CIO, CTO, Development Architect) Evaluation and Selection
• Preparing your company to pass investor due diligence for a round of funding
• Compliance Pre-Audit to identify and resolve exceptions before the official audit
Strategic Audit and Assessment
Scorpion can perform a rigorous due-diligence assessment utilizing a proprietary 240-point inspection audit which determines:
• Current systems functionality
• Strengths and weaknesses (Current State Assessment)
• How well the systems do or don’t support the current business strategy (Current State Gap Analysis)
This literally identifies all potential pitfalls that can impact your business and determines a more accurate Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for the lifetime of the engagement.
The 240-point inspection provides an “X-Ray” of total system capability and compatibility against your business requirements and expectations. The depth of audit can be varied, depending on your timeline, to deliver a high level overview or a deep-dive analysis leaving no stone unturned.
As a second step, we determine future business strategy (3- to 5-year Strategic Business Plan) and improvements to be made in systems capability to support your Strategic Business Plan (Closing the Future State Gap) to arrive at the desired Future State (with a time and budget-determined Project Management Plan).
Business process and systems gaps are determined for current and future state requirements. The near-term emphasis is on getting as much functionality as possible out of current state systems before needing to upgrade them.